Monday, May 02, 2005

de-institutionalization

so a couple of weeks ago, nickie broadcast my dirty laundry all over the newspaper along with all the worst of what i said to her ...
that's what i get for telling my secrets to the enemy!
the article

i freaked out at first, but actually, i think i don't mind so much ...
i mean, remember. there's no such thing as bad publicity.
and i'm leaving soon, may as well go out with a bang, right?

i worry sometimes what kind of lasting impact i'll have at penn. in my fifth year, i've seen little freshman versions of people i knew who graduated rush in to fill their places, and it's made me hope i'm not one of those once-every-four-year people. i hope i'm at least once-in-every-ten.
i like to think of myself as an institution here at penn. i've been trying to ease through my de-institutionalization so as not to cause too much of a disturbance when i disappear, but i can only do so much.
one way or the other, i hope the campus misses me ...



Like Rosencrance, glenn has no desire to join DLP. He says, "I think fraternities are desperate enough, and when you add the desperation of the homosexual identity problems, it makes for a really pathetic organization. I could never join it because it would make me feel so bad about myself."

He pauses a moment, then continues. "Never. I mean never, ever. I think it's tacky. Gay people are so smarmy. A gay frat is probably a filthy place."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home